About us!

We are Amisadai and Louisa Monger (aged 15 and 13). In 2010, we moved to Tanzania in Africa - look at the map below to see if you can find it! We hope you will enjoy reading about our adventures and looking at our photos! Please don't forget to send us a message too!



Wednesday 22 February 2012

Amisadai's News

My tooth came out the other day. I got 1000 shillings!

Testing strength of papers
 We have done lots of science experiments. We are learning about materials and their properties. We have tested papers for absorbency (a serviette was the most absorbent and newspaper was the least). We also tested papers for their strength and tested different materials to find waterproof materials. We are finishing the Arctic and Antarctica and starting Rocks and Soils. We are going to have some field trips when James and Dan come to visit!

We have started having Swahili lessons. We like our teachers Tungu and Kiobya. We have been learning to count to hundred and learning lots of words. We have another lesson tomorrow. We have been forgetting to add words to our Swahili page so I will put some new words there for you to learn.
Louisa had to tell a story for Literacy so we made a puppet theatre and did a puppet show of the Pied Piper. I played the recorder and helped her with the puppets.

The Pied Piper Puppet Show
Yesterday, a Christmas parcel arrived! It said Don't Open Until Christmas Day. But that was for last year! We got some yummy chocolates!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog. Glad to hear the tooth fairy travels as far as Tanzania. I just wish the hair fairy traveled to Canada and left something every time one of my hairs fell out. Lol papaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo girls, I wish I could have seen the puppet show. I saw both your granddads last weekend and I can say that I definitely hair on them both, so maybe the hair fairy had been.
    love Sue

    ReplyDelete