About us!

We are Amisadai and Louisa Monger (aged 15 and 13). In 2010, we moved to Tanzania in Africa - look at the map below to see if you can find it! We hope you will enjoy reading about our adventures and looking at our photos! Please don't forget to send us a message too!



Monday 22 September 2014

Good Times

As you probably know, I got baptized last Sunday! This means that I went under the water (in the Indian Ocean) to say in public that I am burying my old life and starting a new life close with God. I know that God wants me to be His child so that is why I wanted to be baptised! It was really good. I was a bit nervous before, but afterwards I was so happy I did it! You can see what happened in the video below!



After the church services, we went out for lunch with Uncle Huruma and Auntie Joyce and the whole family! We were on the top of a very tall building! We helped ourselves to the first course, tomato soup! My favourite! And we had rolls and real butter! After that we had salads and meat. Then rice and sauce. Then finally octopus (only mum had it ...ugh!) and fish. Finally, we got to the table you can see below. It was definitely my favourite table. All we could say was...
"Wow! CAKES!


Looking down, mum got queasy. Such a drop!! We could see a wonderful view of the Indian Ocean. We saw a ship come in as well; it was one of the biggest  I have ever seen in Tanzania. Louisa and Joan were laughing at how tiny the people locked!


Louisa certainly enjoyed that lunch! Look at her eyes!
 
Back in Mwanza, we have been having fun with Grandma and Granddad. The other day we went to Tunza Beach. Louisa and I really love climbing trees, as you can see! We took a picnic, so while enjoying our hot dogs and cheesy chips, we watched the beautiful sunset. Mum took pictures of us jumping off a rock with the sun behind us. They were really cool! Look!
Louisa is wearing her favourite hat! She loves it!
Mum was learning to knit, and made it for her.


 
We also took Grandma and Granddad to Malaika Beach. Sadly it rained, but not only rained. It poured down! No sunset. Just lightning and thunder that would make you jump out of your skin. Really scary! I tried to block my ears, but it made no difference!
At Malaika before the thunderstorm!
 
Woodwork with Grandad (by Louisa)
 
Did you know that I love to do woodwork? So Grandad and I made a shoe rack! I was in charge of the sandpapering and watching to see what Grandad did. We put different pieces of wood together and cut them the same length and then we put them on a slope so that the shoes would slope down. At the end, I did some drilling in some scraps of wood. Our guard, Joseph also helped. We did a good job! Now we are using it to keep all our shoes tidy!
 
Working on the shoe shelf
The finished shoe shelf
Putting the shoes on the new shoe shelf!
While he was here, Grandad also made a bird table and a nesting box for little tiny birds. Amisadai and I helped a little bit. Joseph thought a table for birds was a very funny idea! He really laughed! We joked that he would have to make chairs for the birds next! Now we have to see if the Tanzanian birds like their new table.
Our new bird table

No comments:

Post a Comment